Section 21.32 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code (L.A.M.C.) permits the Office of Finance to pay a reward to a person who provides information that leads to the recovery of business taxes for any business that is under reporting or not reporting its City of Los Angeles business taxes. In order to ensure that all business taxpayers pay their fair share of taxes, it is the policy of the City of Los Angeles to encourage informants to submit information concerning unpaid and underpaid business taxes. In furtherance of this policy, no person shall disclose the identity of an informant to any unauthorized person, except to the extent required by law. If other than the informant’s true name is used in furnishing the information, the claimant must include with his or her claim satisfactory proof of his or her identity as the informant.
If you have information you believe would be valuable to the City of Los Angeles, Office of Finance, please complete form 96.009 (a) below.
You may submit this form in person at any Office of Finance Public Office listed at the bottom of the page or by mail to the Director of Finance at:
City of Los Angeles, Office of Finance
c/o Whistleblower Program
P.O. BOX 53200
Los Angeles, CA 90053-0200
In addition to the information required on the form, the following information would be valuable in investigating your claim. This information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Tax years involved
2. Documentation to support allegation (e.g., books, records, other financial data, etc.) and location of the documents
3. Other valuable information that you feel is important (e.g., number of employees, equipment owned/used, etc.)
Who May File A Claim For Reward
Under the above section, you may file a claim for a reward unless the following conditions apply:
1. You were employed by the Office of Finance at the time you received or provided the information; or
2. You are a present or former City of Los Angeles employee who received the information in the course of your official duties.
How To File A Claim For Reward
File a claim for reward using form 96.009 (a) (see above) and completing the Claim For Reward section.
We will acknowledge receipt of this form and provide you with a control number by mail if you sign the Claim For Reward and provide an address. The control number will be used for identification purposes and for keeping your name anonymous. Please refer to the control number when inquiring about the status of your claim.
Amount And Payment Of Reward
The Director of Finance will make a determination and approve all reward payments. The amount of the reward will be based on the value of the information provided, and:
1. The amount of a reward shall not exceed ten percent (10%) of the additional taxes, interest and penalties, which are recovered as a result of the information.
2. The Director of Finance may not offer a reward if the recovery results in a reward of less than $50.00.
Office of Finance Public Offices:
|City Hall Office||West Los Angeles||Van Nuys Civic Center|
|200 N. Spring Street, Rm 101||1828 Sawtelle Blvd., Rm 102||6262 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 10|
|Phone: (844) 663-4411||Phone: (844) 663-4411||Phone: (844) 663-4411|
|Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|