If you have received a Notice of Hearing, it is because our records indicate that you have registered previously for a Business Tax Registration Certificate, but have not yet filed for your annual renewal and failed to make your payment for the given tax period.
If you have filed and paid for your annual Business Tax Renewal, then please disregard the mailing. If you have not filed and paid, you have multiple options to bring your account in good standing with the City of Los Angeles.
Our e-filing system speeds and simplifies the filing of your renewal. If a tax liability is due you can use an e-check payment with no additional transaction fee. If a payment is made by check, a service charge will apply. Business with a tax liability of $50,000 or more will be directed to process the payment via an Automated Clearing House.
Complete a Paper Form
Complete the form you were mailed and mail it with the required payment to:
Office of Finance
P.O. Box 513996
Los Angeles, CA 90051-3996
Visit an Office
You can visit any one of our offices, conveniently located in Downtown LA, the Valley, and West LA.
- An Appeals Process provides and administrative right for appealing an assessment.
- An Assessment Review Officer hears all appeals of assessments.
- The Offer in Compromise program provides the ability for taxpayers in troubled financial situations to obtain a settlement agreement for their tax liabilties.
- A Settlement Bureau has been established in the City Attorney's office to oversee negotiations of settlements.
- An administrative tax lien program to collect on delinquent tax debts has been established by the Office of Finance
- A Business Tax Liaison program has been established to assist taxpayers that have complex tax compliance issues.
- A Taxpayer Bill of Rights [PDF 1 pages, 178 KB] outlines the rights for all City of Los Angeles taxpayers.
- The training manual for Office of Finance Tax Auditors is available below: