Cannabis businesses are required to file a monthly tax renewal. Filing your renewals timely avoids late penalties and fees. Renewals can be filed using the online system: https://finance.lacity.org/online-taxpayer-services, by mail and in person.
Cash Payments Update:
City Hall continues to be closed to the public. Cash payments in person at our service counters are not available at this time however the Office of Finance has arranged for services provided by Dama Financial to allow firms without access to banking services to make cash payments for their tax and temporary application liabilities.
The City has negotiated with Dama Financial to provide this service to city cannabis businesses with a transaction fee of 2% and a $75 pickup fee which will provide for an armor carrier to securely pick up the cash directly from business locations and deposit those funds for use in payment of local and state tax and permit liabilities. Dama Financial provides banking services for tax payments without extensive signup process/verification. If you wish to utilize these services from Dama Financial you must enroll no later than June 12, 2020 to ensure that your account is active and related cash pickups and payment transfers will occur prior to the June 30, 2020 deadline.
To apply for Dama Financial service:
● Complete an application online at www.cashtotax.com
● Fill out business information and upload documents
● Dama will notify you when your account is open
If you have any questions about securing your 2020 temporary application and the related requirements and deadlines please see additional information on our website at https://finance.lacity.org/cannabis-info or email our cannabis support team at email@example.com .
Note: City Hall continues to be closed to the public. Customers who normally pay in cash are now able to pay their tax and permit obligations via Dama Electronic Payment.
Cannabis Tax and Permit Liabilities Payment Update
The City of Los Angeles Business Tax (202005M) and Department of Cannabis Regulation (DCR) 2020 Permit Renewal payments are due on June 30, 2020. ALL payments must be received no later than 11:59 pm.
Business Tax filing can be done:
● By Mail
● In-Person at Van Nuys Public Counter (No Cash; Payment with 40 or more money orders requires an appointment – email your appointment request to firstname.lastname@example.org; walk-ins with 40+ money orders will be asked to drop-off the payment, no waiting is allowed)
NOTE: To be current with business tax obligations:
1) Must ensure that there are no outstanding liabilities for any tax periods prior to April 2020
2)Paid in full or current with installment plan covering liabilities
DCR 2020 Permit Renewal Invoice
The cannabis applicant must ensure that any outstanding business tax liabilities prior to April 2020, installment plans and DCR permits fees obligations are paid in full and/or current on or before the June 30, 2020 deadline.
Prior to paying your DCR 2020 Permit Renewal fee(s), you must email a copy of your DCR 2020 Permit Renewal invoice to email@example.com for review. A Notice of Tax Due with a bill stub number will be emailed back to you in order to proceed with payment (you will not be able to pay online without this notice).
The following are your payment options:
● Online – via Credit Card, ACH, E-Check or Dama Electronic Payment
● By Mail (for Business Tax ONLY) – Check, Cashier’s Check, Money Order
● In-Person at Van Nuys Public Counter (No Cash; Payment of 40 or more money orders requires an appointment – email your appointment request to firstname.lastname@example.org; walk-ins with 40+ money orders will be asked to drop-off the payment, no waiting is allowed)
To use Dama Financial to make an electronic payment, you must enroll no later than June 12, 2020 to ensure that your account is active prior to the June 30, 2020 payment deadline.
If you would like to speak with a Dama Financial representative directly, please call (877) 401-3262 or schedule a consultation. For other questions, email email@example.com.
If the Office of Finance City Hall public counter does not reopen to the public by Wednesday, June 17, 2020, the Department of Cannabis Regulation will extend the June 30, 2020 permit renewal fee deadline to 10 calendar days from the date the Office of Finance City Hall public counter reopens to the public.
Office of Finance Disclaimer: City of Los Angeles is not affiliated with Dama Financial, nor does the City guarantee the quality of service provided by Dama Financial.