Many business owners have been affected as result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The City of Los Angeles along with other entities have enacted programs that may assist businesses during this time. See below for a list of organizations and websites that provide information regarding assistance. For updates from the Mayor's office please visit corona-virus.la.
- L.A. CARES Corps - https://ewddlacity.com/index.php/lacarescorps
A partnership between the City and County of LA to provide small business with the help they need to apply for federal loans under the CARES Act. Programs under this act are Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL), Emergency Economic Injury Grants, and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
- EWDD Resources for Angelenos Impacted by COVID-19 - https://ewddlacity.com/index.php/ewdd-covid19
Provides informaton regarding resources for businesses and job seekers. Apply for the Small Business Emergency Microloan through EWDD.
- Regional Recovery Fund - https://www.lacovidfund.org/
The County of Los Angeles and the City of Los Angeles, in partnership with institutional and corporate philanthropy, have come together to create the LA Regional COVID-19 Recovery Fund. The fund offers loan and grant resources to micro entrepreneurs, small businesses and non-profits. Round 3 is August 3 - August 7, 2020
- Los Angeles Commercial Evictions Moratorium - https://www.lamayor.org/mayor-garcetti-orders-moratorium-commercial-evictions-related-novel-coronavirus
The mayor has placed a moratorium on commercial evictions due to COVID-19. Click the above link for more information
- Arts Emergency Relief Fund - https://culturela.org/grants-and-calls/aer-fund/
This program provided emergency relief grants to City of Los Angeles-based dance, music, theatre artists and small ensembles who have had their public performances, shows or concerts cancelled.
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce - https://lachamber.com/resources/covid-19-coronavirus-resource-guide/#startups
The LA Chamber provides links to funding resources, webinars and supplier information for those affected by COVID-19.
- Small Business Development Center - https://smallbizla.org/covid19/
Provides a list of COVID-19 Funding Resources.
- Department of Cannabis Regulation - https://cannabis.lacity.org/blog/covid-19-update-resources-business-owners
List of Resources for Business Owners.
- CD12 Small Business Relief Fund - https://cd12.org/about - COVID19 Resources
The fund will provide interest-free loans to sole proprietors and small businesses that have been unable to access government grants and loans. Visit the above link and the COVID19 Resources tab learn the other requirements and to access the application form.
- County of Los Angeles - https://covid19.lacounty.gov/covid19-2/consumers-businesses/for-businesses/
The LA County Business & Worker Disaster Help Center can help connect you to local, state and federal resources, including layoff aversion and emergency loans.
- Los Angeles County Consumer & Business Affairs - https://dcba.lacounty.gov/portfolio/coronavirus-businesses/
List of emergency resources for businesses and property owners.
- Unemployment Insurance Work Sharing Program - https://www.edd.ca.gov/unemployment/Work_Sharing_Program.htm
Employers can apply for the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Work Sharing program as a temporary alternative to layoffs if the business’s production or services have been reduced.
- Transit Oriented Communities Small Business Recovery Loan Program funded by LA Metro - TOCloans.lacda.org
Eligible Los Angeles County small businesses located within a ¼-mile of a Major Transit Stop could receive up to $20,000 in loan funds to cover operating expenses.
Loan applications can be completed directly on TOCloans.lacda.org from Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 12PM to Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 5PM. For any questions about the loan program contact the Los Angeles County Development Authority at TOCloans@lacda.org or (626) 943-3818.
- Payroll Tax Assistance - https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/employers.htm
Employers experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up an extension for filing state payroll reports and/or depositing of state payroll taxes.
- California Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) - https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019/
Provides a list of resources for employers and employees that provide assistance related to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- US Small Business Administration - https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options
Provides information about SBA funding relief programs and programs under the CARES act.
- Small Business Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program - https://www.ibank.ca.gov/small-business-finance-center/
Loan guarantee program for small businesses and eligible non-profits.
- Main Street Launch COVID-19 Resources - https://mainstreetlaunch.org/covid-19-resources/
List of resources for businesses. Main Street will also share promotions or posts on their platforms for takeout/delivery restaurant businesses and other businesses running operations online.
- JP Morgan COVID-19 Guide for Business - www.jpmorgan.com/covid-19
Provides update on CARES Act assistance and resources to help your business manage the impact of COVID-19.
- California Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants (DRAI)
DRAI is a one-time, state-funded disaster relief assistance program for undocumented immigrants impacted by COVID-19. Eligible individuals who live in Los Angeles County can apply starting on Monday, May 18, 2020 through the following nonprofit organizations: