Any individual or entity conducting business activities within the City of Los Angeles is required to apply for and obtain a Business Tax Registration Certificate with the City of Los Angeles, Office of Finance
- To obtain a Business Tax Registration Certificate, you may visit one of our service locations or utilize our Online New Business Registration portal.
- An overview of business registration requirements for the city, county, state and federal agencies can be found at The Business Registration Process.
- After you register your business, there are a number of Key Points To Remember.
- For more helpful information about starting a new business and city, county, state, and federal requirements visit the LA Business Portal.
- New Business Tax Reforms Summary provides an overview of the business tax and related exemptions and programs in English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
- If you are not registered with the Office of Finance you may be contacted through one of our Tax Discovery programs.